Home » Issues » Consumer Protection » Charities/Paid Fundraisers » Paid Fundraisers
Under Vermont’s Charitable Solicitations Law, 9 V.S.A. § 2471 et seq., paid fundraisers for charities must:
- Create an Account for first time users of the electronic filing system,
- File a "Notice of Solicitation" with the Attorney General's Office in advance of each campaign,
- Post a $20,000 bond,
- File annual and post campaign financial reports,
- Make specific disclosures when soliciting donations,
- Comply with charity contract, script approval, donation deposit, record-keeping and other requirements, and
- Refrain from making misrepresentations to prospective donors.
The Attorney General's Office is responsible for enforcing the Law.
For more information on these requirements and prohibitions, consult the Vermont’s Charitable Solicitations Law and Consumer Fraud Rule (CF) 119.
All reporting to the Attorney General's Office is only accepted electronically.
Email: email@example.com with any questions or problems.
Documents (sample forms)
Paid Fundraising Form - Notice of Charitable Solicitation
Paid Fundraising Form - Financial Report